Thursday, September 6, 2012

Jesus Calms the Storm


23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”

26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”


Questions we should ask ourselves:

  • what kind of faith do we have on Jesus?
  • how far can we trust Him?
  • can we trust His way in the midst of the storm?

Let us follow Jesus example, He sleeps well  through  the storm not because He doesn't care, but because He trusted His Father of His life.

Recently, God puts me to a test. At first I do things my way even though I am asking God to teach me how I will handle the situation. God shows me the answer but I still insist on what my heart dictates me to do. I am really struggling whether I will follow my will or God's will. It is very hard because following God means I have to give up something that I think I want to hold. I have fears that if I let go of that thing there wouldn't be any chance for me to have it.

One night, as I have my quiet time, God shows me that even though I said i am trusting Him with my all, I am not doing it. Because of the fears that reside in my heart, it hinders me to trust Him completely and by not trusting Him completely I am bound to disobey Him. God also shows me the content of my heart. In my heart, my wants still prevail making me do selfish deeds. It breaks my heart to know this because I am breaking my Father's heart. Breaking His heart because I am not trusting Him completely and doubting about His power and His love for me.

That night, I made my decision. It was very hard but I know I am doing the right thing and that I am doing the will of my Heavenly Father. After I made the decision, I felt that a heavy load was lifted from my heart. I thought I am going to be sad but instead I am happy. Really, following God would not be easy, there would be a lot of sacrifices to make but the rewards are far greater than what we expect.

God also made me realized that I do not have to fear or be afraid. I just have to trust Him more. For He already have plans for my life.



Feel free to share how Jesus calms the storm in your life on the comment box below. Let's encourage one another by our experiences and by how God is working in our lives. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment