Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Song of Solomon


When I first read this book, the first question that entered my mind is anong message ng book. For me ang weird ng mga words. Hindi ko na-grasp yung meaning ng text.
On one of our CGs, naging topic namin yung book of Song of Songs. Yung mga CG member ko hindi din nila gets yung context. For them, ang weird din nito. I told my CGs that I will study it so I could explain to them why God had included this book in the Bible.
As I studied and meditated the Song of Solomon, God revealed to me the following:
(Song of Solomon is a conversation between a bridegroom and bride. God is the bridegroom and we are the bride.)
1. How unworthy we are to be called His bride.
“Dark am I, yet lovely,
    daughters of Jerusalem,
dark like the tents of Kedar,
    like the tent curtains of Solomon.[c]Do not stare at me because I am dark,”
With the original sin that we had from our first parents plus our personal sins, we are like filthy rags. We are covered with darkness and are depraved.
“I slept but my heart was awake.
    Listen! My beloved is knocking:
“Open to me, my sister, my darling,
    my dove, my flawless one.
My head is drenched with dew,
    my hair with the dampness of the night.”
 I have taken off my robe—
    must I put it on again?
I have washed my feet—
    must I soil them again?”
God is already calling our names, already pursuing us, pero tayo pa yung ayaw sumagot sa tawag niya. He is knocking in our hearts but we won’t open it. Si God na yung gumagawa ng ways ayaw pa natin. Another thing why we are so unworthy of Him.
2. How God loves us.
“How beautiful you are, my darling!
    Oh, how beautiful!
    Your eyes are doves.”
Despite how we disobeyed our heavenly Father, He still loves us. Kahit gaanong katigas ang mukha natin, He still wants us to be with Him in His kingdom. He sent His son here on earth to be crucified and died for our sin just to save the people who are filthy and undeserving.
In this book, God also revealed His sweet side and how affectionate His words. And He longs to tell us those sweet lovely words.
“Like a lily among thorns
    is my darling among the young women.”
These are the words our hearts long for. A sweet, loving words from our Heavenly Prince. Imagine, Jesus is telling us that we are His precious darling, the one He loves. It is the most sweetest thing that we could hear.  Pero hindi natin nakikita or naririnig dahil we are occupied sa pagmamahal natin sa sarili natin.
3. How should we love God
"All night long on my bed
I looked for the one my heart loves;
I looked for him but did not find him.
I will get up now and go about the city,
through its streets and squares;
I will search for the one my heart loves.
So I looked for him but did not find him.
The watchmen found me
as they made their rounds in the city.
“Have you seen the one my heart loves?”
Scarcely had I passed them
when I found the one my heart loves.
I held him and would not let him go
till I had brought him to my mother’s
house,
to the room of the one who conceived me."
The woman search the one her hearts loves. Just like the woman in the book of Song of Solomon, we need to continue to seek God until our whole being loves Him. Meaning, lahat ng ginagawa natin is ang focus na is si God at hindi yung sarili natin.
"My beloved is radiant and ruddy,
outstanding among ten thousand."
The woman in the book, describes her love with a very sweet words. And she's so proud of her Lover. We should be like her, proud that we have Jesus in our hearts. Proclaiming our love for Him in our actions and words. Sharing what He had done on the cross.


I hope when you read this post, try to read the book of Song of Songs. And let God speak to your heart. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment